To register for school, a new student must be:
- A resident of the District (proof of residency required)
- 5 years old on or before October 1 for kindergarten or 6 years old on or before October 1 for first grade
The new student must have:
- A birth certificate or its equivalent
- Up-to-date immunization records
- Evidence of a recent physical examination is requested
- The child's Social Security number is requested
- Name, address, and telephone number of last school attended
There are no fees for regular instructional programs. Fees are charged for extra-curricular activities and special instructional program materials.
- Open Enrollment
For the 2013-2014 school year, kindergarten applications will be accepted between December 3rd and January 15th.
Their will be an incoming Kindergarten Parent meeting on December 5 at 5:30 p.m. This meeting is for parents only.
St. Vrain Valley Schools will offer the following Kindergarten program configurations
- Traditional Half Day Sections (half days AM/PM, 5 days per week)
- Half Day, Alternate Day Sections (1 half day, 2 full days per week
- Full Day, Every Day Sections (full days, 5 days per week)
*PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SCHOOL OF ATTENDANCE FOR SPECIFIC KINDERGARTEN SCHEDULE INFORMATION.
All Full Day, Every Day Kindergarten programs implement the following pay structure.
- If you choose to enroll your child in Full Day, Every Day Kindergarten, there will be a tuition charge for the “other half” of the day.
- Full Day Kindergarten Program Tuition - $295 per month (September - May) $145 nonrefundable registration fee due at time of registration (will be applied to September payment)
- If you would like to enroll your child in Full Day, Every Day Kindergarten, but would need tuition
assistance, you will need to complete the following and return to your school: (Please be aware that
tuition assistance is limited and may be allocated on a lottery or first-come, first-serve basis to those
who qualify. Qualification for free or reduced lunch status does not guarantee enrollment in Full Day
- Tuition Assistance Application (determines eligibility for free or reduced lunch
- Tuition Assistance Sliding Scale
- If the tuition assistance guidelines outlined below do not apply and you feel you may still need assistance, please speak with your building principal for additional options (scholarships or other tuition assistance programs may be available).
- Please visit the District website noted below for a complete breakdown of how tuition dollars are spent.
- The above information applies to all children including children with disabilities who have an Individualized Education Program (IEP). The Half Day District Kindergarten Program is offered at no expense (Free Appropriate Public Education) to families. The services specified in an IEP will be delivered during that portion of the day. In rare instances, when it is necessary to extend the school day, this must be approved by the District Director of Special Education.
Kindergarten Registration Packet (2013-2014): TBD
For the 2013-2014 school year, preschool applications will be accepted between January 7th - January 11th.
We are pleased to offer District families a preschool experience designed to enhance kindergarten readiness. A quality early childhood experience includes a valued partnership between the school and family. The District preschool program is family focused and facilitates child learning in all developmental areas.
Preschool Registration Form: TBD
Students who desire to attend a school or program outside of their designated attendance area may apply for Open Enrollment/Nonresidence authorization for the school or program of their choice. In order to apply, an Open Enrollment/Nonresident Application must be filled out.
- December 3, 2012 to January 15, 2013: submit applications
December 1 through January 16 is the period in which applications for open enrollment should be submitted to the requested school.
- February 7, 2012: receive application status letter from school
Written status letters from the requested school will be sent to the applicant approving or denying the application by February 7.
- March 1, 2012: school visit and open enrollment confirmation
Applicants who have been approved for open enrollment should visit the requested school by March 1 and confirm their desire to open enroll.